With the increasing popularity of cutting technology, higher and higher requirements are put forward for the manufacturing of cutting tools. Cutting tools are no longer satisfied with rough tools that can realize basic cutting, but exquisite tools with reasonable composition, exquisite workmanship, excellent performance and convenient use. The performance of tools used by different equipment is different. I will briefly introduce the types of lathe tools below:
(1) The hardness of the cutting tool material must be higher than that of the material to cut off the metal, which is the essential basic requirement of the cutting tool material. The harder the tool material, the better its wear resistance.
(2) Impact strength refers to the performance required to resist the action of cutting force and prevent the blade from breaking and the cutter bar from breaking. It is generally expressed by bending strength. Impact strength refers to the ability of cutting tool materials to cut discontinuously or to ensure no edge breakage.
(3) Heat resistance is the main index to measure the performance of cutting tool materials. It comprehensively reflects the ability of cutting tool materials to maintain hardness, strength, oxidation resistance, adhesion resistance and diffusion resistance at high temperatures.
(4) in order to facilitate the manufacture of cutting tool materials should have good technological properties, such as forging, heat treatment and grinding performance.
Second, the common types of cutting tool materials
(1) Alloy tool steel: with high thermal hardness, it is commonly used to manufacture low-speed tools with complex shapes, such as reamers, taps and dies.
(2) High-speed tool steel: its high-temperature hardness and wear resistance are better than alloy tool steel. Due to its good heat treatment performance, high strength and good sharpening degree, it is widely used in manufacturing various machine tools such as forming turning tools, milling cutters, drill bits and broaches.
(3) Hard alloy: alloy made of tungsten carbide, titanium carbide, cobalt and other materials by powder metallurgy. Hard alloy blades are usually fixed on the cutter body for use. At present, hard alloy has become one of the main cutter materials.
Three, turning tool common style
(1) pointed turning tools: turning tools characterized by straight cutting edges are generally called pointed turning tools. The tool tip consists of main and auxiliary cutting edges, such as cylindrical offset cutter, end face turning tool, etc.
(2) Arc turning tool: besides turning inner and outer circular surfaces, it is especially suitable for turning all kinds of smoothly connected forming surfaces. It is characterized in that the shape of the cutting edge forming the main cutting edge is an arc with small roundness error or line profile error, and each point of the arc edge is the tip of an arc-shaped turning tool, so the cutting point is not on the arc but on the center of the circle of the arc.
(3) Forming lathe tool: that is, the shape of the parts to be cut is completely determined by the shape and size of the cutting edge of the lathe tool. Common forming lathe tools include small radius circular arc lathe tools, slotting tools and thread lathe tools.
These are the safety issues that must be paid attention to in the use of cutting tools of machine tools. With the wide use of new technologies, it has provided a broad prospect for automobile manufacturing, mechanical equipment, instrumentation and other industries.